Follow on Bloglovin

Welcome to my place in the blogosphere!
feel free to explore the Flight Deck and check out my books and website.
Then fasten your seatbelts, sip a glass of something sparkling and let's chat awhile!
I hope you'll stop by again for guest authors and spotlights from time to time.

Beloved Enemy joined Starquest and Children of the Mist to continue the Destiny Trilogy and I'm thrilled to announce was shortlisted for the R.N.A. RoNA Awards 2017, awarded 2nd Runner up in the RONE Awards 2017 and was the winner in the SF/Fantasy category of the 'Best Banter Contest'.

Wednesday 7 February 2018

Sienna Matthews: Piracy

I'm reposting this post by Sienna Matthews because I think it's so important. As a reader, you may think it's a good thing to get free or cut price books from a 'pirate' site, but this is actually theft,. An author spends months, sometimes years, writing and rewriting a book they hope will give the reader a few hours of pleasure. Most authors make very little from their Royalties, but even this small amount is denied them by the pirates. You expect to be paid for your 'day job' so authors should also be paid for their hard work don't you think. Please read this post and think very carefully before being tempted to use a pirate site. (I'm in a similar position to sienna, published by a small press and I really don't want to change, or worse still stop writing altogether.


Sienna Matthews: Piracy: Piracy sucks -- I agree. Y'all know about what happened to my friend Jenna Rose Ellis . She's angry and frustrated, and worse -- ...

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree! What a horrible thing to happen:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, and it's happening all the time! Thanks for stopping by, Sarah.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you SO much for commenting - I LOVE comments and value each and every one.
(Apart from spammers of course, who WILL be moderated, reported and deleted .)